Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Small Actions to Change the World #3 (Carnival)

I'm glad to be able to welcome you to the third edition of this carnival! And it seems like it's getting more and more popular. Starting next month, I will think about making this carnival a bi-weekly thing since there are so many great submissions that have been handed in and I would really like to include so many of them, but at the same time I don't want to make one edition too long. And it also seems that some of the submitters are becoming regulars, which makes me really happy :-).





Tupelo Kenyon presents Take Time for You posted at Tupelo Kenyon, saying, "Don't put yourself at the end of the list. You deserve to be first, at least some of the time. Don't let your entire life slip by with everything else (and everyone else) getting preferential treatment over your most important priorities. Their needs are important, but yours are important too. Celebrate life by taking time for YOU!" I highly agree, too often we don't think about ourselves and taking time for us. (Don't confuse this with becoming selfish, it's more about setting priorities.)

Tiffany Washko has some nice ideas on how to host an Eco Friendly Birthday Party posted at Natural Family Living Blog. It has some really nice and specific ideas, I might use 1 or 2 of them myself :-)

Louise Manning has some great gardening tips in 10 Ways to help the Environment in your garden posted at Green Garden Chat. At first it might seem like a lot of work, but once I think about it, I don't think it's more work, it's just different work.

Stretch Mark Mama presents a very short post called You Vegan! posted at Stretch Mark Mama.

marguerite manteau-rao presents Laurie David’s list « La Marguerite posted at La Marguerite, saying, "Our family's small steps to change the world, based on Laurie David's list, from La Marguerite's blog, relating "My Inconvenient Truth: the Daily Sins of a Green Girl Wannabe"". What a long list of nice ideas - have you started implementing some of them? Why not start today?

vivek khemka presents some really nice ideas how to act and make a difference in Ten Simple Ways to save the World - One at a Time. posted at The Red Pencil.

Millionaire Mommy Next Door presents Memories are made of the things we DO, not the things we BUY posted at Millionaire Mommy Next Door, saying, "Should we buy a boat? Or would we rather go fishing?" This gives us something to think about.

Toni presents Plants: The office cheerleaders posted at Happy Nest, saying, "A plant can help transform the dreariness of your work desk AND make you feel more positive. They're the office cheerleaders!" This is a really good idea. Fortunately, my boss also likes plants and has placed them around the office.

Patricia doesn't just give one or two ideas but presents 30 Things That Take 30 Seconds Each: Which Will You Do To Change The World? posted at Patricia. It takes 5 seconds to read each idea - for a combined 35 seconds for each action :-). Why not start now?

Stretch Mark Mama presents a second post with a really nice story (with a really cute picture) at Trash Mash posted at Stretch Mark Mama.

Silicon Valley Blogger presents Curb Appeal: One Of My Best Investments Yet Or How I Turned $80 Into $5,000 With Minimal Risk posted at The Digerati Life. I've never really looked at trees in this way - what a great idea.

edithyeung presents How to Clean Out Your “Closet”, and Make Space for More Good posted at Edith Yeung.Com: Dream. Think. Act.. I think that cleaning out your closet doesn't just make physical space, but it also clears up your mind sometimes!

That's it for this edition of "Small Actions to Change the World". Thanks so much for reading. As always, I will end this post with an inspiring story!

If you want to submit a story, you can do so here by using the carnival submission form.

Past posts and future hosts can be found in the
blog carnival index page
.

Today's inspiring story is somewhat different than usual - it's a YouTube video. If you've never heard of it, it's about something really nice and simple - a hug. I've seen this video a couple of times and I've heard the news of this spread a bit. I've even seen someone doing this in Germany :-). Take a look!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for including my post! I'll link back here in my Blog Carnival Roundup.